Thank you for choosing to book a holiday at Robin Hill Farm Cottages. Please do not hesitate to call or email if there are any points you wish to discuss with us, we will be happy to help.
The contract for hire of your holiday rental cottage is between Robin Hill Farm Cottages Ltd (us or we) and the person making the booking ie the Hirer (you or your).
You must be over the age of 18 and authorised to accept these terms and conditions by all persons named on your signed booking form.
Bookings are non-transferable (If you are not one of the guests, all guest names must be stated on the booking form). We cater primarily for family and couple holidays therefore single-sex groups and younger parties are not generally permitted.
The contract of hire is not effective until we dispatch to you written confirmation of your booking.
1. Telephone, e-mail or online bookings remain provisional until we have received your cleared deposit/full payment plus booking form (when booking on-line you will receive an initial summary of your booking by email, this does not form a contract between us). Once payment is cleared, you will receive email receipt of your payment and confirmation of your booking. Provisional bookings are held for 7 days.
2. A deposit of 30% of the total amount due is payable to secure your booking. The balance is payable 56 days before the start of your holiday (we are not able to issue reminders). Bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival must be paid in full.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure you have received a written booking confirmation. Please contact us if you think something has gone wrong.
4. Once we have issued confirmation of booking you are responsible for paying the full rental fee. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received 49 days before arrival date.
5. If for any reason we are unable to proceed from a provisional to a confirmed booking we will refund any monies paid by you.
6. If you have to cancel, please advise us immediately by phone and confirm in writing.
7. You remain responsible for paying the full rental fee. We will endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful will refund the final letting price paid (this may be less than you paid us). We recommend you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
8. In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control, we will notify you immediately and refund all monies paid to us. In the unlikely event that we are forced to terminate your holiday once started due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund an appropriate proportion of monies paid to us. No further liability will be accepted.
9. The cottage is available from 4pm on arrival date and must be vacated by 9.30am on departure day to allow us to clean and carry out essential maintenance. Please ask if you have specific requirements which we will endeavour to accommodate.
10. You are responsible for the cottage and amenities during your holiday and you are expected to take reasonable care of fixtures, fittings and furnishing.
11. Please leave the cottage clean and tidy.
12. If you find anything damaged on arrival, please inform us. Any damage or breakages during your stay must be notified and paid for. We do not normally charge for minor accidental damage but we do need to know straight away so that we can repair or replace damaged items for you and future guests. We reserve the right to make a charge for repair or replacement and for the cost of extra cleaning should this prove necessary.
13. Use of the accommodation and amenities at Robin Hill Farm Cottages is unsupervised and entirely at the user’s risk. We accept no liability for any accident or injury to any guest or visitor. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to guests’ or visitors’ belongings or vehicles.
14. You are solely responsible for the access key to the swimming pool facility. You agree to the rules of the pool, in particular, to ensure that children under 16 are supervised by an adult at all times and to ensure that the outer door is locked when vacating the facility.
15. Supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times while on our site.
16. We have a no smoking policy inside the cottages and all other enclosed spaces. Please ensure all guests are aware of this condition before booking.
17. In order to safeguard the comfort and security of all guests staying at Robin Hill Farm Cottages only the guests listed on your booking form can occupy your cottage. Additional guests cannot be added to a booking once the booking is confirmed. The use of our grounds and amenities is only for the guests listed on your booking form unless agreed in advance with us – we reserve the right to ask any unauthorised person to leave immediately.
18. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and tranquillity. We have a zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour and any illegal substances. If in our opinion any person is not suitable to continue their occupation because of unreasonable behaviour or nuisance to other guests, the contract may be discharged and we may repossess the property immediately with no refund.
19. Dogs are allowed in Gull, Wren and Kingfisher cottages by arrangement with us. In the interests of your dog’s wellbeing and the safety and hygiene of all guests on site we have guidelines which are displayed in each cottage. Please note that dogs must not be left unattended in your cottage when you leave the site. We have dog crates available to secure your dog when you wish to use our amenities. Complaints and Concerns
20. If on arrival you are not entirely satisfied with your cottage or issues arise during your holiday please inform us immediately so that we can help remedy the situation. No discussion can be entered into after the end of your holiday.
21. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that descriptions given to you in relation to a particular cottage are accurate. You acknowledge that minor differences may arise between photographs, descriptions and illustrations and the actual cottage. Your Contract
22. A binding contract exists when your booking is accepted by us. The contract is governed by English Law and interpretation. It is mutually understood and agreed that the contract is made at Robin Hill Farm and that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owners.